The Harp Break pedal provides clipping distortion with a full range of clean to hard grit. As the LEDs begin to conduct, they produce a soft clipping distortion that is very similar to vacuum tube distortion. The soft clip is visibly evident by the dim lighting of the LED on the face of the pedal, and as the DRIVE is increased the LED clips harder and begins to glow brighter: the brighter the LED, the harder the clip. The tone is very close to vacuum tube distortion but without the overtones produced by tubes. The tone is much better than typical solid state distortion created by transistors, but that is not all. The Harp Break features a 20dB BASS BOOST feature to add a fat bottom end to your tone. This pedal is a great tool to dirty up an otherwise clean amp and create distortion when going into a PA. When the pedal is not used to produce distortion, it can be used to fatten up your tone by providing a buffered FET input and by the added bass provided through the BASS BOOST. The Harp Break offers all of this and a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied for any reason.
The pedal can be powered with a 9V battery or a DC adapter. The DC adapter requirements are a regulated 9V DC with a minimum 100mA output and a 2.1mm x 5.5mm connector with a negative center. The battery is switched OFF when an external power adapter is used, and the "IN" jack acts as the pedal ON/OFF switch. Power adapters for US and EURO customers are sold separately.
- Smooth to hard distortion
- DRIVE control to set the amount of distortion
- VOLUME control to set the output level of the pedal
- BASS BOOST control tuned for harp
- LED to display the amount of distortion
- True bypass with LED indicator
- 9V DC input (barrel with a negative center)
- High impedance buffered input
- Reverse voltage polarity protection
- 10 year warranty on parts and labor
- If not satisfied, return within 60 days, undamaged, for a refund minus 4% cc fee and shipping