Kia Ora greetings from New Zealand

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

Kia Ora greetings from New Zealand

Postby mike580 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

just joined the group so would like to introduce myself
I have been pushing & pulling air through the 'ole tin sandwich for around 20 years now
have been in a few working bands but not involved in a giging lineup at the moment...am happy with regular jamming and occasional sitting-in
I play acoustic & amplified (Chicago electric)
my initial inspiration for getting into harp myself was through listening to James Cotton...it was like...WOW!!..can a little 'ole harmonica sound that BIG!!

the hardware I use at the moment is:
amp: Memphis Mini 5w Rick Davis (got this from the US a few weeks ago and LOVE it..!!) I have no hesitation in recommending these amps..if you want a small but loud honking tone (for a low price) then this machine IS IT..!! have had other amps Vox, Jansen (NZ's Fender clone but better!!) and a Peavey Delta Blues but these have all been pushed aside since the arrival of the Memphis Mini..!!
mics: 3 x Shure Green Bullets 1 with a CR element 2 with CM's
707A Shure small body with a crystal element
Astatic T3 chrome bullet with a crystal
Astatic JT30 with a Shure CR element
Audix Fire Ball V dynamic
harps: no loyalties here, have tried them all but mostly use Hohners (SP20's, Crossover ), Seydels (session Steels),Suzuki (Manji's, Olive's), Lee Oskars (started with these and they served me well!)
Yonberg D1 in A (French) love this one, its a Rolls Royce of harps! want to get more of these!
effects: Digitec RP500, Yamaha DL10 delay and am waiting as we speak for delivery from the US of a Lone Wolf Delay..!!

well that's enough of me, this looks like a great (informative & interesting) forum and I'm keen to get back to reading the posts..!!

thanks in advance for all the great info & insights that no doubt are lurking within the posts on this site

cheers,
Mike.
mike580

Re: Kia Ora greetings from New Zealand

Postby Nathan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Welcome to the forum!
--Nathan Heck
Overlord, Lone Wolf Blues Co.
866-386-0777
customerservice@lonewolfblues.com
Nathan

Re: Kia Ora greetings from New Zealand

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:20 am

Hi Mike- welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Lone Wolf Harp Delay!
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Return to Introductions