Newbe from the UK

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

Newbe from the UK

Postby kevin » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi from an absolute harp beginner (well OK 9 weeks of practice, approx. 1/2 hour per day, everyday, now under my belt!).

55 years young, based in the Lake District UK. Always felt I had music in me (but never found it), over the years dabbled with clarinet (at school), mandolin, guitar, only ever progressing to playing one or two individual pieces, embedded into memory. Party pieces, you all know what I mean.

I have no ambition to play in a band, but I do aspire to be able to play/ jam along to backing tracks in my 'woodshed'. My woodshed is another story, but lets just say it's well away from the house at the bottom of the garden but will probably take another year or so to finish :)

Anyway, with the help of Gussow, Gindrick and David Barrett within 9 weeks I'm already playing to backing tracks, including very simple improvisations, have a couple of simple tunes up my sleeve for party pieces and feel I've now found the music buried within :) Always tongue blocking and can even bend a few notes, by the way 'HarpNija' is a fantastic tool for learning the correct amount of bend.

I know it years too early but I've just placed an order for the hardware to build the 6L6 SE design, I have an electronics background, have build many RF valve amps, but never an audio VA, looking forward to getting my feet wet.

Cheers from Cumbria.

Kevin
kevin

Re: Newbe from the UK

Postby arnenym » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:09 am

Welcome Kevin. :)
English is not my own language. Express myself in a weird way i do. Sometimes. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthRBB
arnenym

Re: Newbe from the UK

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Return to Introductions