Hi EveryBody My name is Gerry Pearson

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

Hi EveryBody My name is Gerry Pearson

Postby GerryP » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 pm

My name is Gerry Pearson I'm 62 years young I have been playing harmonica for over 40 years. My greatest influence in music is from my Dad who was very talented and could play anything without even having any previous experience with the instrument. When he first heard me play he said" You'll Never be able to play that thing even the neighbours dog is whinning when you do" Boy reverse Psychology sure worked with me! I finally figured out that to play the harmonica you had to think of it as whistling a tune and from that point on it was Easy. Just before my father passed away he told me "remember when I told you that you would never be able to play? Well son you have come a long way and I have to tell you that I love the way you can play." At my Dad's funeral I played a song in his memory "smile with two harmonicas one in crossharp and the other in straight I only wish he could have heard it. Paul Butterfield, James Cotton, John Mayall, Charlie Musselwhite, Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Walter Horton, Muddy Waters, George Harmonica Smith, Taj Mahal, Junior Wells, Howling Wolf have all influenced my playing especially Paul Butterfield. In the late 70's I learned to play guitar and had my own band along with my Bro John that played strictly original tunes. We used to rent halls and fill them playing just our original tunes. In 97 I moved from Montreal to St Albert where I stagnated for a few years not knowing anyone and finally heard of an open Stage @ Bud's ran by Carmen Cook. This is where I was revitalized and continue to play as often as I Can. You can check my reverbnation site listed on my membership as I have over 284 live recordings of me playing with many various and gifted musicians here in Alberta.

I'm soo looking forward to getting my Harp Attack pedal which I hope will improve my tone and playing. Nothing worse than being at the mercy of someone who thinks they are a sound engineer, either they give you no volume or put too much reverb. So glad that I stumbled onto the site on facebook from a post from my FB Friend Charlie Musselwhite.

Gerry Pearson
GerryP

Re: Hi EveryBody My name is Gerry Pearson

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 am

Hi Gerry, welcome to the forum!
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Re: Hi EveryBody My name is Gerry Pearson

Postby GerryP » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome T-Bone!
GerryP

Return to Introductions