Libertad - Midlands UK

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

Libertad - Midlands UK

Postby Libertad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi All

Just thought I would say hello. Martin here in staffordshire, UK. I played years ago but gave up until 12 months ago. Just modded a VHT Special Six with the Alnicomagnet mod and a 5751, its definitely getting there. Also changed the speaker for an Eminance Lil Buddy.

Influences are wide, including Jazz. Favorite harp player is Jason Ricci.

Enjoying playing with pedals at the moment. Joined the forum to find out more about the Harp Break, looking to get together with other UK players to swap ideas. Also working on a mic project, that I hope to share soon..... watch this space!

Cheers

Martin
Libertad

Re: Libertad - Midlands UK

Postby arnenym » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Martin. Velcome to the forum. I recently modded a VHT and changed speaker too. But i did my own small mod and choose a Jensen Jet Tornado.
English is not my own language. Express myself in a weird way i do. Sometimes. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthRBB
arnenym

Postby stokeblues » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 pm

hiya,Martin got yer message and damn straight its stoke in the uk! how you doing and welcome,keep in touch on the forum and perhaps we'll meet up and have a pint,talk about the blues harp and all that. There are afew blues bands in stoke and a festival but i spoke to a guy called pete who was gonna do a monthly blues night in leek!
stokeblues

Postby Libertad » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

A blues night in Leek! Does it get better than that! Can you give me any more details?

I understand you have the Harp Break pedal, would love to catch up, would really like to hear how it sounds. Keep in touch.

Martin
Libertad

Postby stokeblues » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:19 pm

hiya Martin,i would have to find the number of peter from frogall coz he plays up your end and was all about the blues night, i got the break, the attack,the tone + and the ocatve= sounds greedy i know, but when you get one pedal and you live no where near where they sell em and you are impressed by the one you brought then next birthday what do you ask for right? any way the best pedal i own and i know others on the forum gonna get their feathers ruffled over this is octave! coz it seems to make any amp and even our old hh pa sound like i got a champ on the go and its feeedback properties are out of this world and i mean its like proper anti feedback but this just might be my gear. i welcome all other comments on this coz who says im right,cheers mark :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
stokeblues

Postby Libertad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks Mark

Sounds like you have a great collection of pedals there. Any chance we could meet up sometime? I have been considering the Harp Break, but after your comments wonder if the octave would be better. I am after that break up at lower volumes.

At the moment I am running a BBE Opto Stomp (Compressor) -> MXR Carbon Copy (Delay) -> EH Pog (Octave) into a Modded VHT Special 6. but I am after more break up.

Would be great to hear some of your pedals live.

Thanks

Martin
Libertad

Postby stokeblues » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 pm

hey mart,ive got a bbe opto stomp cant say it does much to the sound,only got it coz ricci said it wes cool! the only pedal you will need is by randy,get yourself the break and delay or octave and delay. Speak to peter from harmonicas direct and tell him mark from stoke recommended him,he'll sort you out ,hes proper friendly! 8) 8) 8)
stokeblues

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 am

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum!
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Return to Introductions