G'day from Tasmania

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

G'day from Tasmania

Postby SuperBee » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:06 am

G'day folks, this is my first post. I play a little around Tassie with a couple rock bands. working on getting a blues band together. currently using a 30w Ashton Viper 1x12 combo, with LW delay and octave. mainly using a EV605 fitted with Shure CM. i want to learn about electronics, especially re valve amps. i'm hoping someone can point me to a good place/resource to start.
Last edited by SuperBee on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperBee

Re: G'day from Tamania

Postby arnenym » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 am

Hi and welcome on board. You've come to the right place. :D
English is not my own language. Express myself in a weird way i do. Sometimes. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthRBB
arnenym

Re: G'day from Tasmania

Postby Haggis » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 am

Hey there, and welcome to one of the best harp forums on the net.
Where about is tassie are you based? I lived there for a coupla years in the early 90's. Used to jam around Launceston and Hobart quite a bit. Jammed with Billy Whitton on a regular basis for a while and did a coupla tours with Styne in his Blues bros show. If you are going to be in Melbourne from the 6-10 june I'll be over there doing 3 gigs as well, be great to meet and talk harp etc.
All the best.
Haggis
Haggis

Postby SuperBee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:11 pm

cheers,
Haggis, i am in Hobart. I do remember the bands you mention, i think the BBRB had another run at it later, but originally were about in the 80s. maybe the later gigs were a short-lived revival of the revival. i did catch the act a couple of times...all i can really remember was at Hadley's one night ... they played Locomotive Breath which went down a treat with the audience

yeah i don't have plans for Melbourne but I'd like that.
SuperBee

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi SuperBee, welcome to the forum.
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Return to Introductions