New Guy

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

New Guy

Postby Rick "Coach" » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:11 pm

I introduced my self earlier, but in the wrong spot. My name is Rick Davis aka "Coach" (NOT spec20) from the beautiful Hill Country of Texas. I'm located 30 miles North of San Antonio. I've been teaching & coaching football & baseball for the last 30 years. Gettin' close to retirement!!!
Been playin' harp for many years, but have gotten serious in the last four. Practicin', playin' gigs, acquring amps & mics, and various other toys as I like to call them. As I stated earlier I'm not much of technical guy, but plan on learning from you folks & maybe doing some amp building and harp repair when I retire. :lol:
Thanx, Coach"
Rick "Coach"

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi Rick and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn the technical stuff without being overwhelmed.
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Postby Stephen S » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Rick,

Glad to have you here. That sounds like a good retirement plan to me--I wondered if people wanted to start a Gut Bucket thread about the pros & cons of various learning tactics: Build an amp kit, rework something like a Valve Jr, buy an amp book, revive/modify a tube PA, etc.? There are a lot more avenues open now than in 2000 when I started (I don't think a complete guitar amp kit was even available then), so what do people think is financially effective, and good for different aspects like theoretical and practical sides?
Stephen S

Postby bushdog » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey Coach--

Welcome aboard! Great place to hang out! I retired from the teaching profession last May. :D It still feels kind of like one long summer break, but this one doesn't have inservice tacked at the end. Strange thing is that I've gotten out less to play than more. I'll have to work on that. Anyway--

See ya--
Ricky B
bushdog

Texas Response

Postby Rick "Coach" » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Stephen, T-Bone, & "Bushdog",

Maybe we will end @ the same jam one of these days, being that we all live in Texas. T- Bone you'll have to pick up Arne on the way...
Stephen I'm in on the "Gut-Bucket" thread down the road. I'm sure you guys will teach me alot.
"Bushdog", I was checkin' out your site... I'm a Billy Gibson fan also. I jammed in Memphis last summer with several of the local folks. Missed Billy, but he told me the next time I was in town he wanted to jam with me. You lucky devil you!!!

Thanx for lettin' me in gentlemen!!!

"Coach" OUT
Rick "Coach"

Postby arnenym » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Welcome aboard coach. I will wait for T-bone. He know the way we have to go. :lol:
I'm a fan of Billy Gibson, Pat Ramsey and other modern blues harp players. I missed Billy Gibson when he played in Sweden cause we had a gig same night.
English is not my own language. Express myself in a weird way i do. Sometimes. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthRBB
arnenym

Postby bushdog » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey Coach--

Thanks for reading the blog. Yeah, you would have had a blast jamming with Billy Gibson--he's a real nice fellow.
bushdog

Postby Jhornfeldt » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:36 am

Welcome Coach
J Hörnfeldt
AKA Harmonica Slim II
Remember to have fun!
Jhornfeldt

Return to Introductions