Hello from a harp player on the West coast of Canada

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

Hello from a harp player on the West coast of Canada

Postby wolfkristiansen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:13 pm

I'll be brief here-- I'm a blues harp player, doing it for 35 years, will keep doing it till I die. That's the beauty of blues, it doesn't depend on young man's juices to create the desire to play; unlike rock & roll. I used to sing, but quit when I saw people grimacing in the audience when I hit a clinker.

I love blues, won't go into it in detail here but look for wolf kristiansen, "My Love Affair With the Blues", in Blindmans Blues Forum if you're interested. I'm of a certain generation, so have seen a lot of the greats live.

In this forum, especially the harp forum, I hope to get some thoughts about modifying my current amplifier to make it more harp friendly; more about that later. My other amp, needing no modifications, is a stock 1962 Fender Concert, but I've not been using it lately because it's too loud for the rooms I'm playing in.

Enough for now, I'm glad I found this forum.

Cheers,

wolf kristiansen
wolfkristiansen

Postby arnenym » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Welcome Wolf.
I'm only in this busines since 26 years. But most of the time behind the song-mic. Singing Rock n' roll. -"Ouuugghh ... that voice rips the wallpapers down" -said one man once about my voice. 8) I take it like a compliment.. :lol:
English is not my own language. Express myself in a weird way i do. Sometimes. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthRBB
arnenym

Postby Stephen S » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 am

Howdy, Wolf--I already chimed in after Mark B over on the Weber board, so I won't get redundant about your Blues Deluxe on this site--
Stephen S

Postby bushdog » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Hey Wolf--

Little behind on the welcome, but welcome. I figure that I'm pretty much within your generational pool. :wink: So, bring it on home. Anyway--

See ya--
Ricky B
bushdog

Return to Introductions