NEWB intro

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

NEWB intro

Postby Tbone69 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Folks,

I found this forum via the SEWATT forums via the Epiphone forums.

First the background behind my username Tbone69. I was born in 1969 and had picked up the nickname Tbone way before I ever dreamnt I would try playing the Blues Harp so thats what I went with.

I picked up a Epi Valve JR version 3 a few months back to play or shall I say try to play HARP thru.

The amp sounded ok using a small tape recorder mic. It even sounded better once I rebuilt my Turner 22x with a shure CR element but still didnt have "that" sound I was looking for.

I then tried various preamp tube swaps and ended up using a 12au7. This sounded pretty good and let me turn up the amp since the shure CR element is pretty hot. It sounded good but still was lacking something.

I then found this forum and the Lone Wolf Blues Epi Valve JR mod webpage.

Since I do some electronic assembly and testing on the side with a buddy I have enough knowldedge to be a little more than dangerous I through caution into the wind and performed the mods sugegsted minus the extra input jacks, line out , and tone/trebble cut. I need to get the tapered pot to do this one.

Anways man this things sounds Mean and Nasty and is a lot more responsive to my attempts at vibrato.

I still have a few questions but will post them in the amp section and finding the forums very informative .

Thanks
Tbone69
Tbone69

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forum from the other T-Bone...
Hope you find the forum useful. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Postby arnenym » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Welcome home Tbone69.
I have modded 2 Valve juniors and 2 Harley Bentons.
There is 2 T's already and i be a hangaround from now. T-Arne :lol:
English is not my own language. Express myself in a weird way i do. Sometimes. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthRBB
arnenym

Postby tickfawriver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Welcome TBone69

Glad to have you. 8)

Randy
The monster that is feedback lies in your preamp, it is fed by gain and is awakened by coupling between your mic and speaker.
http://www.lonewolfblues.com
tickfawriver
Site Admin

Postby Stephen S » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 am

The more T-Bones the merrier. We've already got a couple of Marks and a couple of Mikes . . . well most of us have plenty of mics (rimshot). :)
Stephen S

Return to Introductions