Howdy from San Antonio

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

Howdy from San Antonio

Postby Keaton » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi all!
I have been an intermediate level amateur on the harmonica for about 20 years. Earlier incarnations as a musician were baritone/euphonium in high school and college. Later switched to trumpet to play along with recordings by Herb Alpert, then French horn for a brief time in the Roswell symphony (before the space aliens arrived). We established a chapter of the HOOT (Harmonica Organization of Texas) in San Antonio about 15 years ago when Kinky Friedman ran for Governor unsuccessfully. It is a very lively group with about 25 members and will be hosting the 2016 SPAH convention in San Antonio. You are all invited!
To psyche myself up for the SPAH event, I recently bought a Harp Train 10 and an Audix Fireball mic with suitable impedance conversion. This is only in my den/office environs but accompanied with Little Walter, Willie Nelson and other moderate tempo recordings. I am working on mastering the pentatonic and blues scales to develop a style as recommended by Jason Ricci and other online teachers. I use Lee Oscar, Seidel and Hohner harps, mostly diatonic including a Steve Baker Special, and a few chromatics including a Toots Thielman Hardbopper and a Suzuki Chromatix SCX-64. My only advice to other musicians is don't let the years slip away without following your muse. I turned 84 this year.
My chief question is: which of the Lone Wolf Blues pedals should I get if I only get one and it will be used mainly for home enjoyment?
Keaton
Keaton

Re: Howdy from San Antonio

Postby Nathan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Welcome to the forum!

As for a pedal recommendation, the Harp Delay, Harp V2 Delay or the Harp Reverb are always good places to start.
--Nathan Heck
Overlord, Lone Wolf Blues Co.
866-386-0777
customerservice@lonewolfblues.com
Nathan

Re: Howdy from San Antonio

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Keaton, and welcome. I'll second Nathan's recommendation for either of the Lone wolf delays or reverb.
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Return to Introductions