On and off harp player

A place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed into our community.

Moderators: Mark B, Stephen S, arnenym, T-Bone Bruce, Nathan

On and off harp player

Postby copperplate » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 am

Hi guys...been a drummer for a long time...but never professionally. After school ended and I got a full time job it became more of a hobby thing.

Always wanted to play harmonica...the sound just speaks to me. Doesn't hurt that it's a bit more portable than a double bass drum set! (I started playing drums during the heart of the hair metal 80s!)

I seem to get started, get so far, get interrupted by life, and after a while, start all over again. Some day...I'll be able to go out and play with friends. But for now I'm stuck in learning mode. Looking to learn a few things from the more advanced and other beginners alike. I can bend but have little accuracy of pitch. I can get sweet single notes but often choke the higher reeds (I know I need to relax more when playing).

I'm halfway decent with a soldering gun, so I'm looking forward to trying to mod an amp one of these days. Up to now my most advanced soldering has been Frankensteining a couple fried guitars into one working guitar for a friend.
copperplate

Re: On and off harp player

Postby T-Bone Bruce » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi Copperplate, and welcome to the forum!
What on earth was I thinking when I played THAT?
T-Bone Bruce

Re: On and off harp player

Postby Nathan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find useful information here.
--Nathan Heck
Overlord, Lone Wolf Blues Co.
866-386-0777
customerservice@lonewolfblues.com
Nathan

Return to Introductions